I’m always happy when my husband has a birthday. This is primarily for selfish reasons. For 2 months I am 4 years older than him and this gap particular seems to be the most hurtful. 36 and 40. Ugh. So yesterday he turned 37 and closed that gap up a bit. Thank you February 26th.
His dinner birthday request was the family favorite, curry chicken, that my mom made for us when I was a kid. It’s a strong family tradition and because of how easy and tasty it is I decided to share it on my Instagram story yesterday and it was very popular so I thought I would throw all the ingredients here so it’s handy.
And for the record, I never read anything anyone says about their recipe I only greedily want the recipe and scroll through all the words yet here I am getting all wordy when I just wanted to post a recipe.
OK, here you go! Get ready to add this baby to your meal calendar!
Crockpot Curry Chicken
- Chicken Breast (I prefer tenderloins)
- Potatoes (the amount is up to you, I tend to use 4-5 for a family of 7)
- Golden Curry Block (pictured, found in Asian aisle in most groceries)
- Coconut milk (I prefer full fat)
- Rice to serve with (I prefer jasmine but that is totally up to you)
- Peel and cut potatoes (quarter)
- Add peeled potatoes and chicken to the crockpot
- Add the can of coconut milk and the curry block to a bowl and heat in the microwave. I start with 2 minutes and stir and add another 2 minutes and stir until smooth and all mixed together.
- Pour the curry mixture over potatoes and chicken
- Cook on low for 6 hours
- Serve over rice