Calm Amongst the Chaos

Mama of 5 seeking calm in the chaos

Back in September I wanted to escape what the big bad wolf did. I didn’t want a staring role in our family anymore; I was willing to settle for character actor. I just needed out without really checking out. So I took a job at a bar/grill as a server. I hadn’t waited a table in almost 10 years. We did need the money, but most of all I needed something to distract me from what my life had turned into. And every weekend that is where I went. And in the beginning I really enjoyed it. The money really is great, and it was fun to feel “young”. When the place was swamped it was nice to have the only thoughts of who’s drinking what beer. But then my toe nail fell off. I dreaded leaving my family. I started finding reasons why I couldn’t work certain days and I started to want to be back home. Yes seriously my big toe fell off after turning black from 3 days of 8 hour shifts in too tight of shoes. My hands also look awful. After a long shift my feet will cramp when I stretch out while sleeping. I will say “no no no..” and jump out of bed to get the cramp to go away. Friday night I didn’t get home until 1:30am and had to be up with all the kids and have them to church by 8am for Andi’s basketball game. I just knew I was done. My boss who is a single owner of the place with her hubby is awesome. She was amazing to work for! So understanding and was totally understanding when I said I couldn’t do it anymore. They are letting me stay on as a back up which will be nice so I can come in from time to time. I enjoyed all my co workers and the regulars. It really is a cool place to work for and go to so part of me is sad to stop working, but other parts of me are excited to be able to pick up and go up north again with out needing weeks advance notice to take off. I’m excited to be able to put my kids to bed. Just to hang out at night again. Things I have been really missing. So this Sunday, super bowl Sunday will be my last day. I am ready for it to be over. I’m feeling so tired. So old.

My parents were so awesome to take the kids all day Saturday so Andrew and I could do some running around and I could take a nap! Oh how amazing it was! Then we went to my good friend’s 29th birthday party (no really it really was her 29th, her first one) she made homemade sushi and martinis… she rocks! So we had a date day and night! Then Sunday I went to see a play called RESPECT with my mom, sister, aunt, cousins, etc, and it was awesome! Oh my goodness, ladies you have to see this! It was so much fun! After that I came home and we took the kids for a walk down to the neighborhood basketball court and we all played til the sun started to set. Andrew and I even ran 2 suicides, voluntarily! Man I was sore the next day, but I think we need to do that more often.

So the weekend started out a rough, long exhausting night, the place was slammed! But it ended up being pretty much one the best weekends I have had in a long time!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: